Apple has had some issues with their iPhones over the years. From Antennagate to the exploding iPhone, Apple’s had some design problems with their signature smartphone since the device debuted in the marketplace. Now, there’s another potential flaw with their iPhones that may have cost an innocent woman her life. Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old air hostess for China Southern Airways from the Xinjiang region, was electrocuted by her iPhone 5.
Apparently, the phone was plugged into its charger when Ms. Ma picked it up to answer a call. That call was never answered, as the phone shot electricity through Ms. Ma. According to her sister’s blog post, upon touching the phone, Ma collapsed and died thanks to the jolt of electricity. Pretty frightening when you consider just how often we use devices plugged in to charge during the course of our days.
“We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter,” said a press release from Apple about the incident.
Tags: apple, apple iphone, iphone 5, apple iphone 5, woman electrocuted by iphone, iphone electrocution, chinese air hostess electrocuted by iphone, woman killed by charging iphone, shocked by charging iphone, xinjaing, china, Ma Ailun, china southern airlines, Ma Ailun electrocuted by iphone, unusual accidents, electrocution, iphone accident